Stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship by buying a property in Turkey
1) Choosing a property and making the initial reservation contract
After reviewing a wide range of options, and selecting the appropriate options for purchase, an initial reservation contract is made, which includes the full details of the property, in addition to the final price that was agreed upon, and the related registration fees, taxes, and the like.
2) Real estate appraisal
An appraisal of the property is made at a value not less than the purchase value or the value registered in the title deed. (Extracted within two or three working days)
The report is made by persons approved by the Tapu Department. The report includes all the details of the property, attached to the legal licenses, external and internal pictures, engineering dimensions, and the estimated value of the property. The problems are mentioned if there are any mortgage, seizure, and the like.
3) Documenting the payment of the property value by bank transfer
One of the basic conditions for applying for Turkish citizenship, whether the property was purchased from a construction company or from a person, is to transfer the value of the property through the personal bank account to the seller’s account, whether the transfer is from a Turkish bank or from a foreign bank.
The value mentioned in the transfer receipts must be identical to the value recorded in the title deed, whether the transfer is in local currency (Turkish lira) or in a foreign currency.
Receipts are requested from the seller’s account stamped with the bank seal (origin).
4) The work of agencies for transferring ownership of the property and applying for the Turkish year
Three copies of the agency to follow up on the citizenship file are made (please request the form).
Two copies of the power of attorney for the transfer of ownership of the property are made (please request the form).
If there are children, a citizenship agency has one copy (please request the form).
- The agencies are of the type (düzenleme şekli) and not the regular agency of the type (vekalet name).
- Agencies are granted to the company’s team to submit the citizenship file and follow it up in the official departments (organized through the Noter and at a cost of (1500-2500 Turkish liras and the cost varies outside Turkey).
- In order not to require a second power of attorney for the wife, it is preferable to add the wife or husband to the first agency as “as a principal,” in addition to adding the names and data of the children to apply for citizenship treatment on their behalf.
- With the utmost importance to mention the following text in the agency “I agree to grant Turkish citizenship to me and my children”.
5) Translation and attestation of papers
- Notarized translation of all family papers (husband + wife + children under 18 years old).
- A certified translation of the marriage document if the property owner is married. (marriage contract)
- A certified translation of the civil status document in case the property owner is single or separated.
- Birth document or souls registration document for all family members. (The place of birth must include at least the city and state)
- Two biometric personal photos (of the property owner, his wife and children).
- Certified translation of all passports
All government documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the document is issued and by the Turkish representation in that country (Turkish embassy or consulate). And ratified by the Nutre.
In the event that the documents are unable to be translated into Turkish, they will be translated into English and certified (the English version) at the Turkish embassy, and then sent to us for translation into Turkish and then certified by a notary public (the final version submitted to the Naturalization Office will be in Turkish).
6) Seizing the property and not selling it within 3 years
An application is submitted to the Land Registry Department by setting the condition that the property will not be sold for a period of 3 years in order to obtain Turkish citizenship.
7) Certificate of Conformity
An application is submitted to the Land Registry Department for a “Uygunluk Belgisi” Certificate of Conformity, which means that you have fulfilled the requirements of the Land Registry Department, which takes 2-3 weeks to be issued.
8) Investor’s residence
After the issuance of the conformity certificate, the investor residence permit is submitted to the applicant alone, and tourist residences can be extracted for the rest of the family in their desire to reside in Turkey, and if the applicant has a tourist or real estate residence permit, it must be changed, the application file includes health insurance, and photos Personal, tax payment receipts, investor residency are issued within a maximum of 30 days.
9) Apply for Turkish citizenship
After the investor’s residency is issued, you, your spouse and all children under the age of 18 have the right to apply for Turkish citizenship, by filling out the relevant forms for this matter and attaching them to the previously mentioned papers, and then submitting them to the Investors Naturalization Division.
10) The stages that the citizenship file goes through
It consists of 7 main stages:
- The stage of registration and approval of the application
- The stage of sending the file to the competent authorities for study
- Initial file check
- Expanded checking of the file and archiving and sending it to the specialized authorities for evaluation
- Send the file to the Cabinet for approval
- File decision making
- Notification of the result and the issuance of the naturalization decision
These stages take 45-60 days
After the approval is issued, you will go to the Directorate of Souls to submit your fingerprints in order to obtain IDs and passports.